“I really, truly believe that comments pages on news stories should have a warning so that you don’t scroll down too far. Something should flash up instantly saying, ‘ATTENTION. THIS ARTICLE HAS ENDED. REASON STOPS HERE. WHAT FOLLOWS IS A THUNDERDOME OF BULLSHIT. VENTURE FORWARD AT YOUR OWN RISK. GODSPEED.’” —The Bugle #123 (via fuckyeahjohnoliver)
This just happened...
- Guy on the radio: The sun is shining, and it's raining...you know what they say when the sun is shining and it's raining....Nevermind, I don't even wanna say it.
- Me: What the hell is he talking about?
- Coworker: Supposedly, they say when the sun shines when it rains, the devil beatin' his wife.
- Me: WHAT?
- Coworker: Yeah, the devil beatin' his wife.
- Me: The devil has a wife? I thought it meant you get a rainbow. I'm so confused.
"He was also known for his use of psychedelics, alcohol, firearms, and his iconoclastic contempt for authoritarianism." -Hunter S. Thompson's wikipedia page
I doubt there’s ever been a more perfect sentence written about anyone ever.